UBUNTU LEADERS ACADEMY- JUMUIYA YA KAUNTI ZA PWANI (KENYA) TRAINING IN PARTNERSHIP WITH LAMU COUNTY GOVERNMENT EDITION 2021
*Deadline for applications: 29th May 2021*
Applications are now open for the Ubuntu Leaders Academy –Jumuiya ya Kaunti za Pwani (Kenya) Training Edition 2021.
The training is a non-formal education project aimed at training young people with high leadership potential from social organizations, academic institutions, government agencies that promote youth leadership.
The training seeks to empower young leaders with knowledge and skills to become more caring, listening, trusting and serving humanity more effectively learning from the examples of leaders such as Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi, Desmond Tutu, Martin Luther King among others.
• Leading like Mandela
• Building Bridges
• Overcoming Obstacles
• Ubuntu Lives
• I have a Dream
• Social Entrepreneurship
• 30 (participants) Training of Trainers – TOT ( 5 trainees from each county) • 120 (participants) Ubuntu Leaders Academy – ULA ( 20 trainees from each county)
To be eligible applicants must have:
• Completed basic high school education.
• When applying to be a trainer, applicants must have post high school qualifications, confirmed leadership skills and training experience.
• Be a young person between 18 and 35 years wanting to impact society positively.
• Good communication skills and fluent in English and Swahili, both written and spoken.
• Be a resident of counties under Jumuiya ya Kaunti za Pwani (Mombasa, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Kilifi, Tana River and Lamu).
• Have a National ID.
• Interested in social entrepreneurship or have a business idea in line with Blue Economy (Tourism and Cultural Heritage).
• Applicants to the ULA must commit to attend a 6-day residential training as from 16th June 2021.. Applicants to training positions must commit to attend a 3- day residential seminar, followed by a 6-day, (Mon-Fri) residential seminar for on-the-job training as from 4th June 2021
• Be a change maker and committed to service in your community
.• Demonstrate leadership i.e. be able to demonstrate your involvement in leadership activities in your community i.e. at school, church/mosque/temple etc.
• Please note, the training is free- of-charge, accommodation, transport and meals will be provided by the organization.
To apply click here.https://ula-goblue.carrd.co/