Lamu Governor Fahim Twaha has this morning witnessed the swearing in of Hon. Josphat Musembi Matei as the new CECM for Trade, Tourism, Enterprise Development and Industrialization at Mokowe Headquarters.
Speaking during the event, Governor Fahim Twaha challenged Hon.Matei to hold the bull by the horns as countries across the world gradually lift travel restrictions and tourism slowly restarts . Governor Fahim underlined the critical importance of boosting competitiveness and building resilience through economic diversification, with promotion of domestic tourism as well as facilitation of conducive business environment for micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs).
Hon. Josephat Matei thanked the governor for believing in him and giving him the opportunity to serve the people of Lamu saying that , he is well aware of the demanding responsibilities ahead at the Department of Trade, Tourism and Industrialization, and is equally committed to hit the ground running and turn the page as quickly as is possible.
The event comes a day after the Governor announced a cabinet reshuffle as follows;
1. H.E Hon. Fahim Twaha- Public Health, Environment, Sanitation and Lamu Municipality.
2. H.E Hon. Abdulhakim About Mbwana- Food Security, Cooperative Development, Fisheries, Blue Economy and Water Services.
3. Hon. Fahima Araphat- Finance, Budget, Strategy and Economic Planning.
4. Hon. Ahmed Mohamed Hemed- Lands, Physical Planning, Urban Development and Infrastructure.
5. Hon. Paul Thairu Kamau- Education Technology, Youth Affairs, Sports, Gender and Social Services.
6. Hon. Abdu Godana- Public Service Management and Administration.
7. Hon. Dr. Ann Gathoni- Medical Services.
8. Hon. Josphat Musembi Matei- Trade, Tourism, Enterprise Development and Industrialization.
The Governor further said the recent cabinet reshuffle was meant to enhance effective and efficient service delivery to Mwananchi.
Also in attendance was Lamu DG Hon. Abdulhakim Aboud Bwana, CECMs, County Secretary among other government officials.
For more information contact:
Lamu County Government Communications Office at email@example.com