9 smallholder farmer groups from Hindi and Bahari Wards have today received 623 goats and one boat from the County Government of Lamu in partnership with the World Bank-funded Kenya Climate Smart Agriculture Program (KCSAP)
Speaking while representing the Governor, CECM Finance, Budget and Economic Planning Mohamed Mbwana said the government under stewardship of the Governor Issa Timamy is committed to ensure farmers in the county are supported.
CECM for Agriculture Hon. James Gichu called upon farmers to optimize on County extension officers citing that they are resourceful towards assisting farmers in getting basic services.
The 9 beneficiary groups that benefited include:-
1. Kiongwe Mjini BMU Self Help Group.(boat)
1.Kiongoni kokoto Self Help Group.
2. Mswakini marginalized organization.
3. Trinity CBO.
4. Shekiunga Disabled Self Help Group.
5. Waboni na Wasanye Community Organization
6. Tumaini Kibaoni Self Help Group.
7. Hindi Community Health Volunteers Organization.
8. Border to Border Self Help Group.
In attendance was Project Coordinator Steven Mbuvi, Acting Director for Agriculture James Njoroge, C.D.D.C members among other officers from the Agriculture, Livestock and Cooperative Department.
For more information contact Communications office at; email@example.com